So...I started a 30 before 30 list last year and the deadline is quickly approaching - I turn 30 on Easter Sunday. Most of the time, I still think I'm in my mid-twenties, and when I am at school teaching, I don't feel much older than the high school students.
I'm not dreading turning 30, if anything I think I am happier now than I was at any other age. I am much more comfortable and confident in myself, and I have a beautiful family, a wonderful job and so much to be thankful for.
I haven't checked off everything on my list, but I have accomplished a few notable things:
- finally paid off my student loans (yay!)
- gave our master bedroom a makeover (in progress)
- learned to sew (not an expert yet, but I have made a few cute things!)
- painted a piece of furniture (our $20 kijiji armoire)
- made my own tomato sauce (smitten kitchen's easy one)
- ate brunch at the banff springs hotel (a treat for our 5th anniversary)
- found a red lipstick that I love (as well as the confidence to wear it!)
I'm going to transfer the rest of the list onto my Life List (Jen at Rambling Renovators inspired me!) which I might share with all of you in the future.
This list is similar to the one Laura Vanderkam talks about in her book 168 Hours, though she calls it the list of 100 dreams. It's purpose is to keep you on track to pursuing the things that you have "always wanted to do" in the time that you have right now.
I think I am going to like my thirties, and I see many of the things in my list of dreams coming true in this decade. At the very least, I really want to get to Hawaii for a vacation at some point. Somebody tell my hubby that is at the top of my list....there's still time to surprise me before Sunday!