After battling all-day sickness for a few months (thank goodness for Diclectin!), I'm happy to have my appetite back. The past few weeks I've been off work on summer break, and I feel like it's just been one big cycle of crave, eat, think about food, eat, look on Pinterest for food, make food, eat. This baby must be going through a growth spurt! I can barely watch the food network anymore - it just makes me hungry!
The cravings haven't been all bad foods, but I've had my fair share of "treats" in the past weeks. Here's the lowdown on my cravings this time around. What are/were your pregnancy cravings like?
- cold cut up fruit (watermelon, berries, apples, apple pears, grapes, oranges, grapefruits....anything really!)
- salads. Some recent faves are goat cheese/arugula/walnut/date, grilled veggie/crostini, and watermelon/feta/basil/kale mix
- homemade greek chicken wraps with tzatiki, feta and lots of veggies. Can't get enough (pasteurized) feta!
- veggie subs with extra pickles.
- cold water with lots of ice and sliced lemon or lime (bonus: gets the little bean moving around a bit - love this!)
- Big Macs. I hadn't ever even had one until I was pregnant with Hunter and just had.to.have.one. Makes me wonder if I am having another boy?
- Burgers in general. Love the Whole Truck Burger from Alley Burger - it is to die for. Another preggo must-have is their pickle on a stick.
- French Fries. New York Fries are a favourite. And poutine (another thing I had never tried until pregnant with Hunter!)
- cheesy, gooey, baked mac & cheese. Good thing it's too hot to make something like this right now!
- butter chicken & naan
- ice cream
- starbucks iced tea lemonade, or my dirt-cheap homemade version (strong tea + lemonade + lots of ice cubes)
Do you believe that cravings are different when pregnant with different genders? Since we aren't finding out this time, I am super interested in all the old wive's tales.
So far, my cravings and aversions have been pretty much the same as when I was pregnant with Hunter. I'm so excited to see if this new baby is a boy or a girl!